Grant Eligibility and Criteria
The Foundation seeks applicants who can demonstrate innovative approaches, produce measurable patient/clinician outcomes, and disseminate findings that result in widespread use to improve patient safety across the healthcare community.
Applicants must be:
Able to demonstrate patient/clinician outcomes
Able to demonstrate innovative approaches
Able to disseminate findings publicly
- Projects aiming to reduce healthcare costs while improving patient safety are encouraged.
- The Foundation will fund only the direct costs associated with a project.
The Foundation does not support:
- Educational lectures or conferences that are not associated with a proven method to determine post-lecture or post-conference change in behavior or outcome.
- Convening of experts to discuss a problem.
- Ideas or concepts for change that have not had at least an initial small trial of proof of concept.
- Routine safety systems that should be part of normal operations.
- Clinical research projects primarily involving the provision of medical support services to patients.
- Construction projects and the purchase of equipment/capital campaigns.